DILANTIN Savings Card*
Valid through 12/31/18.
The DILANTIN Savings Card was designed to make brand-name DILANTIN more affordable for eligible patients.†
By using the DILANTIN Savings Card, you may:
brand is prescribed, careful monitoring of phenytoin serum levels should be carried out by your doctor.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Do not take DILANTIN if you are allergic to phenytoin or its inactive ingredients or other anticonvulsants such as CEREBYX (fosphenytoin), PEGANONE (ethotoin), or MESANTOIN (mephenytoin).
You should not take delavirdine (a drug which may be prescribed to you when you suffer from an HIV infection) with DILANTIN since DILANTIN modifies its effect.
Do not stop taking DILANTIN without first talking to your healthcare provider. Stopping DILANTIN suddenly can cause serious problems. Stopping a seizure medicine suddenly in a patient who has epilepsy can cause seizures that will not stop (status epilepticus).
Do not change your dose of DILANTIN without talking to your healthcare provider. Only your doctor can recommend changing your medication. When a change in the dosage form or brand is prescribed, careful monitoring of phenytoin serum levels should be carried out by your doctor.
Like other antiepileptic drugs, DILANTIN may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small number of people, about 1 in 500. Before you take DILANTIN, tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or behavior. Call a healthcare provider right away if you have thoughts about suicide or dying, attempts to commit suicide, new or worse depression, new or worse anxiety, feeling agitated or restless, panic attacks, trouble sleeping (insomnia), new or worse irritability, acting aggressive, being angry, or violent, acting on dangerous impulses, an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania), other unusual changes in behavior or mood.
If you experience a rash while taking DILANTIN, or any of the symptoms listed below, contact your doctor immediately.
DILANTIN can cause a serious, life-threatening disorder called Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) which can be fatal.
DILANTIN can cause swollen glands (lymph nodes).
DILANTIN can cause allergic reactions or serious problems, which may affect organs and other parts of your body like the liver or blood cells. You may or may not have a rash with these types of reactions.
DILANTIN may cause softening of your bones (osteopenia, osteoporosis, and osteomalacia). This can cause broken bones.
DILANTIN can cause overgrowth of your gums. Brushing and flossing your teeth and seeing a dentist regularly while taking DILANTIN can help prevent this.
Before you take DILANTIN, inform your doctor of any medical conditions you have.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have or had porphyria (por-FER-ee-ah).
DILANTIN has been associated with harmful effects on blood cells.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have liver or kidney problems as you may show early signs of toxicity.
DILANTIN may cause liver damage.
Before you take DILANTIN, tell your healthcare provider if you have or had diabetes. Your blood sugar level can be altered while taking DILANTIN.
If you take DILANTIN during pregnancy, your baby is also at risk for serious birth defects and bleeding problems right after birth. Your healthcare provider may give you and your baby medicine to prevent this. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. DILANTIN can pass into breast milk.
Taking DILANTIN with certain other medicines can cause side effects or affect how well they work. Do not start or stop other medicines without talking to your healthcare provider.
Do not drink alcohol while you take DILANTIN without first talking to your healthcare provider. Drinking alcohol while taking DILANTIN may change your blood levels of DILANTIN which can cause serious problems.
The most common side effects of DILANTIN include problems with walking and coordination, slurred speech, confusion, dizziness, trouble sleeping, nervousness, tremor, headache, and nausea.
All brands are trademarks of their owners.
DILANTIN is a prescription medicine used to treat tonic-clonic (grand mal), complex partial (psychomotor or temporal lobe) seizures, and to prevent and treat seizures that happen during or after brain surgery.
Patients should always ask their doctors for medical advice about adverse events.
You may report an adverse event related to Pfizer products by calling 1-800-438-1985 (US only). If you prefer, you may contact the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) directly. The FDA has established a reporting service known as MedWatch where health care professionals and consumers can report serious problems they suspect may be associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. Visit MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Terms and Conditions
By using the DILANTIN Savings Card, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the following terms and conditions.
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, or other federal or state healthcare programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico [formerly known as "La Reforma De Salud"])
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs
- You must be 18 years or older
- By using the Card, you will receive savings of up to $20 off per fill, for a maximum savings of $240 per card
- You must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf
- The Card is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third-party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law
- The Card cannot be combined with any other rebate or coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- The Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- The Card is not health insurance
- This offer is good only in the United States and Puerto Rico
- The Card is limited to one per person during this offering period and is not transferable
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the Card without notice
- Offer expires 12/31/18